During the week, our store is usually pretty dead because girls are in school and their moms are at work. So we need to find things to past the time when we have no shipment to process and no customers to help. Doing homework and talking on the phone are usually the defaults but my one coworker Alex and I like to find other things to do. We work together a lot and usually close together on week nights and we’ve had nights when literally no one comes into the store. One night when we were sitting on the cash wrap, staring at the piercing kiosk right across our store, I said “I’m thinking about getting my cartilage pierced sometime.” Alex replied “okay I’ll do it with you, right now.” So we walked over there and picked out a pair to share; we decided to get it in the middle of our left ears. I did mine first while she stood at the entrance of the store and cheered me on.
When it was Alex’s turn, one of our regulars walked up to us, about to head into the store – my favorite family. :) The older daughter (about 9 years old) was just talking about how she wanted to get her ears pierced but was scared it would hurt too much. Her dad asked us to convince her to do it because he knew she wanted to. She was still hesitant after Alex finished so we told her we would hold her hand and give her a Tween Girlz employee t shirt (left over from Black Friday). She did it! So at the end of the day, three ears were pierced and we had a new little coworker. Now every time they come into the store she runs up to the counter to show us her new earrings. It is nights like those and girls like her that make me realize I have the best job in the world.
That is sooo cute!! She probably loves you guys now =]
ReplyDelete